Skylab was designed to conduct laboratory experiments in space.
- Within one year of research on Skylab humanity found more information about the sun than in its entire history up to that point.
- It demonstrated the use of remote sensing for snow mapping, sea state determination, and ocean current charting.
- It examined the growth and termination of hurricanes.
- It gathered evidence that space affected human physiological processes, in particular the cardiovascular system.
- It found that crystals grown in space were higher in quality, and in some cases unique crystal growth phenomena occurred.
- In stellar astronomy experiments, it obtained scientific data on hot stars in two-thirds of the Milky Way region.
and much more…